Over the past year, God has used the words of others to save my life. Maybe that sounds extreme, but there have been moments and even weeks when I have not been able to believe the truth. My mind and heart were so disoriented by pain that I couldn’t discern what was true vs the lies. God provided friends, counselors, coaches, and even my barre class instructors who spoke words I needed to hear at just the right time.
Words have power, and over the past year, I’ve been collecting phrases and words that have helped me immensely. Today, I’m sharing some of those with you.
- It’s not always going to feel this way.
- It’s okay to give myself space & grace.
- I trust you, Jesus. I may not understand, but I trust you.
- Keeping anger bottled up is the fastest way to become resentful.
- I am loved. You (Lord) have not forgotten me.
- Every trigger is an opportunity to heal.
- I have permission to take up space and ask for what I need.
- The hurt cannot become my identity.
- Embrace where you are right now.
These words have helped me get through the past year, and I hope they encourage you, too. You can view the original Instagram post here.
Your words have the power to build people up or tear them down.
With your words, you can:
- Offer healing
- Provide truth
As a leader, how will you use your words this week or month?