What does it look like to do things differently as a Christian business owner? And how can you make decisions in your business and life that are both purposeful and prayerful?
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
In this episode of our Business Series, I’m chatting with Valerie Woerner of Val Marie Paper about how she’s chosen to operate her business differently and go against some of the traditional business advice and practices.
We dive into the lessons she has learned in her business and leadership journey, including how she did not really consider herself a leader and instead “fell into” leadership roles. We also dig into some of the key values and principles she operates her business and life by and how these help her to keep things running smoothly.
Val has offered to give away one of her beautiful prayer journals to one listener of the podcast. Head over to my Instagram page to enter by March 16, 2020.
View this post on Instagram
Key Points Discussed:
- Valerie’s Leadership journey [4:00]
- Val’s definition of leadership [7:30]
- How Val Marie Paper began [9:00]
- When Val decided to do things differently in her business [13:40]
- The values Valerie operates her business by [22:00]
- Leadership lessons that Val has learned through her business [27:50]
- Principles Valerie operates her life by [35:00]
- Advice for a younger leader [46:40]
- Leaders are Learners [48:40]
Key Quotes from the Episode:
- “It really takes a lot of work to be intentional, but it’s always worth it.”
- “We do not want to put out products that aren’t super purposeful.”
- “We’re helping people focus on what we think will help transform their life the most.”
- “Leadership is a skill to learn.”
- “Do not forget that the power you have to do anything is through the Lord.”
- “The hard part about margin is that, most of the time, everything you want to keep is really good stuff.”
- “You should be spending more time learning about how to study the Bible so that you can be a better teacher, not so that everybody knows you’re a better teacher.”
Other Resources Mentioned:
Connect with Valerie Woerner:
Valerie Woerner is the owner of Val Marie Paper and author of Grumpy Mom Takes a Holiday, Fresh Start for Moms and The Finishing School. Her mission is to create practical tools, including her original 6-month prompted prayer journal, and content that equips women to cut through the noise of everyday life and find fullness in the presence of the Lord. She lives in South Louisiana with her husband Tyler and two girls, Vivi and Vana.
Episode Sponsor: Morningstar Media Services
At Morningstar, it’s my goal to help Christian business owners like you grow an audience and make an impact without compromising your faith or values.
If you already have a podcast, or if you are thinking about starting one, I want to give you my free Podcast Workflow Checklist. This is the process I use each week to keep my own podcast on track (without missing a single week since we started) AND it’s what I’ve used with my clients as well.
Text the word PODCAST to (917) 905-8801 and you’ll get the workflow checklist sent to you! Or, click here to sign up.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast:
Pin it for later: