Have you ever wondered when it was time to really buckle down on a project, or when it was time to lay it down? Do you struggle to know how to discern between the two, or feel the freedom to move on from something you once felt passionate about?
In episode 214 of the podcast, you’ll hear from Rebecca George. Rebecca is an author, speaker, and host of the podcast, Radical Radiance. She also recently wrote a book called Do the Thing: Gospel-Centered Goals, Gumption and Grace for the Go-Getter Girl.
In this episode, Rebecca is going to dive deep into the topics of going after our goals, knowing when to pick up projects, and discerning when it’s time to lay those same projects down. She’ll also share with us a very practical way to silence our inner critic by walking through Philippians 4 step by step. Rebecca offers such wisdom and truth as we all learn how to be leaders in our own ways, and as we navigate the ins and outs of our daily walk with The Lord.
Subscribe to the podcast here
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
Key Points Discussed:
- Rebecca’s background and current day-to-day-life
- What Rebecca’s leadership roles look like currently in her life
- When Rebecca realized she was a leader
- Leadership lessons Rebecca has learned over the course of her leadership journey
- The importance of asking for help as a leader
- The roles mentors have played in Rebecca’s journey up to this point in her life
- How showing gratitude for our mentors can be encouraging for them
- The need to turn back and mentor women behind us
- Rebecca’s advice to the woman who has trouble choosing which project to tackle next, and which direction to go in next
- Knowing what to work on and hold onto in particular seasons of life
- Challenges that multi-passionate women face
- How to get the right mindset of what to pursue at what times as multi-passionate women
- Discerning when to lay something down or end something that God has at once called you to
- Rebecca’s advice to the woman who’s worried that they don’t have the talent, or experience, or determination to see something through that they want to start as a leader
- Asking for help and having a heart of humility when we are stepping into something new
- How God’s Word can help us to silence our own inner critic
- Rebecca’s ‘Thought Life Inventory’ based on Philippians 4
- Thoughts on if it’s okay not to have a goal, and what to do in the meantime without a goal
- Recognizing our limits and our specific capacity
- How to navigate when it’s time to stick with something, or when it’s time to walk away from something
- Practical steps to take when you are feeling very overwhelmed in life or work
- Rebecca’s Leaders are Learners recommendations:
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- The 360 Degree Leader by John Maxwell
Key Quotes from the Episode:
“Getting to leverage someone else’s strengths in an area that I’m weak is actually such a beautiful picture of the Body of Christ, and how God’s given us all unique gifts and talents to use for His glory.” – Rebecca George
“I am so thankful that the Lord has crafted and created us in such a unique and beautiful way and in such a way that we get to build His kingdom and use what he’s given us this side of heaven.” – Rebecca George
“There’s a fine line and gray area between how we are multi-passionate, and that’s a gift. And, God gives us that wisdom to discern what matters in particular seasons, and what we can and should prioritize in certain seasons.” – Rebecca George
“I think sometimes we can have misplaced regret around laying some things down, even when it’s a good thing, and it’s a good and right decision, we can still be sad about it, and we can still grieve its ending, even when it’s the right thing.” – Rebecca George
“When I actually force myself to say back to myself what is true, something in my heart shifts, and it’s because of the power of God’s Word.” – Rebecca George
Connect with Rebecca:
Rebecca George is an author, speaker, and host of the popular podcast Radical Radiance. Her greatest joy is helping women pursue their passions in a way that builds God’s kingdom. In her free time, she loves running outside or trying a new recipe with Garth Brooks playing in the background.
Do the Thing: Gospel Centered Goals, Gumption and Grace for the Go-Getter Girl Book
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast: