Have you ever considered working from home with your own business? Or perhaps you’ve considered hiring someone to work virtually for your own ministry or business, but you’re not sure what that would actually look like.
Subscribe to the podcast here
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
In this episode, Holly and I talk with Alyssa Avant, virtual assistant and coach, about her leadership journey. We dive into what it looks like to be a virtual assistant as well as what it means for those who hire one. In addition, we explore the leadership lessons she has learned in her business journey and why values and self-awareness are so important.
Key Points Discussed:
- Alyssa’s life and leadership journey
- What is a virtual assistant & who would need to hire one?
- Leadership traits that are needed to work virtually
- Transitioning to teaching others about how to be a VA
- Leadership challenges Alyssa has faced in her business
- Values that Alyssa includes in her business
- How Alyssa decided to focus on serving Christian clients and students
- Why it’s important to say no to clients who are not a good fit
- The value of self-awareness
- How Alyssa has become more confident in her journey
- How she manages her different roles as business owner, wife, and mom
- Leaders are Learners
Key Quotes from the Episode:
- “You need discipline, diligence, and determination, and a big why [to work virtually].”
- “My mission in life is to serve God and serve others well.”
- “It takes a lot of leadership and confidence to turn clients away.” – Esther
- “Saying no has been beneficial to me.”
- “Learning to say no to the wrong client for the right client to come into place.”
- “I’ve had to learn to push myself out of my comfort zone.”
Resources & Links Mentioned:
Connect with Alyssa Avant:
Alyssa Avant is a Virtual Assistant Coach who coaches, trains and equips virtual assistants to serve their clients with diligence and provide high quality customer service. She connects Christian Business Owners and Ministry leaders with trained virtual assistants through her Christian Business Advantage Virtual Assistant Directory.
She is a wife of 20 years to her husband Greg, a mother of three teenagers, and dog mom to her Basset Hound, Coltrane. She and her family live in a small town in Mississippi.
You can find Alyssa online at http://alyssaavantandcompany.com
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast: