Do you ever struggle to get into God’s word? Do you find that your full schedule, your work and family commitments, and the distractions of life sometimes make it difficult to spend time reading the Bible?
Subscribe to the podcast here
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
If we’re honest most of us would say yes, that at least at some point in our lives, we have struggled with being consistent about getting into God’s word.
Whether or not this is a current challenge for you, I believe you will get great value out of our conversation with Brittany Ann.
Brittany Ann provides us with insights on why it can be a challenge to get into God’s word, why we don’t have to follow a particular formula or someone else’s method, as well as some of the mistakes we sometimes make when approaching Scripture.
What I love about the entire conversation is that it’s really filled with grace. This is not about meeting a particular standard in order to please God. It’s about falling in love with God’s word so that we can experience a deeper relationship with Him and have our lives transformed by Him.
And as leaders, if we are not experiencing this real relationship with Jesus, we are going to struggle to lead others well. Find our more about how to truly fall in love with God’s word in this conversation.
Key Points Discussed:
- Brittany’s life and leadership journey [4:00]
- Leadership lessons as Brittany has grown a large community [8:32]
- Why getting into God’s word is difficult for women in leadership [10:15]
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of biblical knowledge
- Lack of intimacy with God
- Do we have to follow a particular formula to get into God’s word? [20:45]
- What role does accountability play in getting into God’s word? [32:00]
- How do we approach God’s word in the right way? [38:59]
- Mistakes to watch out for [45:00]
- Encouragement for a woman who feels discouraged or ashamed about not getting into God’s word [51:00]
- Leaders are Learners [57:20]
Key Quotes from the Episode:
- “I did not ever set out to become a leader; it was a matter of me wanting this Christian life.”
- “We’re all on a journey; we all have room for improvement.”
- “See individuals as people–as humans.”
- “You will make time for the things that are important to you.”
- “We have to take the Bible beyond something that we’re ‘supposed’ to do.”
- “Getting in the Word of God is one of the main ways that God speaks to us and connects with us.”
- “Jesus did not go to Thursday night Bible study.”
Resources and Links Mentioned:
- Get Your Life Back: Everyday Practices for a World Gone Mad by John Eldredge
- Fall in Love with God’s Word: Practical Strategies for Busy Women by Brittany Ann
Connect with Brittany Ann:
Fall in Love with God’s Word website
Brittany Ann is an author, speaker, and founder of EquippingGodlyWomen.com, a popular Christian-living website dedicated to helping women be “all in” in faith and family. Brittany is the author of “Fall in Love with God’s Word: Practical Strategies for Busy Women” and the creator of the 21-Day Bible Reading Challenge, a free challenge to help Christian women make regular Bible reading a priority.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast: