The statistics show that a lot of kids leave the Christian faith when they become teens and young adults. Is there anything that adults can do to help change this pattern?
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
In this episode, our guest Lee Ann Mancini shares with us about her passion for helping parents develop a solid faith foundation in our children. She believes that, when parents begin instilling faith at a young age, that this will help reverse the trend of kids walking away at older ages.
Lee Ann shares tips and ideas for parents who want to do this, as well as ways for churches to be more proactive in this area as well. We also discuss the power that mothers have in this process and how they can still be a strong role model for their kids even if they do not have a believing spouse.
Developing a Solid Faith Foundation in our Children:
- LeeAnn’s life and leadership [3:00]
- Helping kids have a solid faith foundation [6:40]
- The church’s responsibility in developing a faith foundation for kids [16:00]
- How parents can approach their church if they feel more should be done [20:00]
- What moms can do if their spouse isn’t a believer or isn’t leading the family in faith [24:00]
- Leaders are Learners [26:30]
Key Quotes from the episode:
- “Children are getting set to the side with little Biblical doctrine being taught to them.”
- “Moms are powerful. I don’t think we get enough credit for what we do as moms.”
- “Don’t wait; start now.”
- “If you force a child to do something, then that’s not building a heart foundation in Christ.”
Resources & Links:
- Episode 119: How to Thrive While Leading and Parenting Teens with Connie Albers
- Episode 96: Deconstruction, Apologetics, and Discipleship with Alisa Childers
- Episode 59: The Importance of Apologetics in Leadership & Dealing with Doubt with Hillary Morgan Ferrer
- Renew a Nation
- Teach Sunday School
- Legacy Coalition
- The Forgotten Way
- Novel Effect App
Connect with LeeAnn Mancini:
Lee Ann is the host of Raising Christian Kids podcast, which can be found on all major platforms including CounterCultureMom.com, Pray.com, and Edifi.app. Raising Christian Kids is a five to ten-minute podcast that equips and empowers mothers, grandparents, teachers, and all who are raising the next generation, to have a strong foundation in Jesus.
Lee Ann is an award-winning Christian children’s author and Executive Producer of the new animation series Sea Kids, which can be seen on Trinity Broadcasting Network, Pure Flix, Right Now Media, and SeaKidsTv.com.
Her God-given mission and desire are to serve all who are raising the next generation of Christians by preparing the soil to be rich from the womb to age three in which to plant the seeds that grow deep roots from ages four to ten.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast: