What do we do with the goals and plans that did not come to fruition as we had hoped? And how can we learn from this year as we prepare for the coming year?
Subscribe to the podcast here
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
In a year when it feels like we had more unfulfilled plans than ever, it can be easy to skip over celebrating the wins and finding the good. But it’s vital that we do this, just as we also spend time reflecting on the losses or failures and what God might want us to learn from these.
In this episode, Holly and I wrap up our Reflection Series by diving into reflecting on our goals, dreams, and plans. We will share about what we had hoped would happen in 2020, some of the surprises we experienced and the lessons we’ve learned along the way.
We invite you to slow down and take time to reflect right alongside us. To make this easy for you, we’ve created a Processing & Reflection Guide which will provide you with all the questions we are using during this series! So you don’t have to try and write anything down while listening – you can grab the guide and just follow along with us.
Questions to help us process our goals, dreams, and plans:
- What goals, dreams, or plans did you have that you did accomplish?
- What goals, dreams, or plans did you have that did not come to fruition?
- What wins did you experience that were unexpected?
- What lessons did you learn in the failures or the things you did not accomplish?
- What lessons did you learn from the wins (whether planned or unexpected)?
- How can you give yourself grace for goals that did not transpire?
- Where might you need added accountability or support to reach your goals in the coming year?
Resources & Links:
- Processing & Reflection Guide
- Episode 128: Processing 2020 – Radical Acceptance, Dealing with Grief & Criticism, and Finding the Joy with Sandy Flewelling
- Episode 130: What To Do When Things Don’t Go as Planned: Processing Your Circumstances [Reflection Series]
- Episode 131: Dealing with Loss, Division, and Criticism as Leaders: Processing Your Relationships [Reflection Series]
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast:
Pin it for later: