This year has brought a great deal of grief and loss, both individually and collectively as a nation and world. In addition, leaders have seen more division and criticism in their organizations and churches than they may have in decades or even their lifetime. And this impacts one of the most important aspects of our lives as leaders: our relationships.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
In this episode, Holly and I continue our Reflection Series to wrap up the year by dividing into the important topic of relationships. Specifically, we reflect on how this year has impacted the relationships in our own lives, how we’ve dealt with the losses and criticism, and how important we have found our support systems to be.
We invite you to slow down and take time to reflect right alongside us. To make this easy for you, we’ve created a Processing & Reflection Guide which will provide you with all the questions we are using during this series! So you don’t have to try and write anything down while listening – you can grab the guide and just follow along with us.
Questions we consider as we process loss, division, criticism as leaders:
- Name the losses you’ve experienced this year
- How have you grieved? What do you need to allow yourself to do to grieve these losses?
- What are some practical ways you can show grace to others who are grieving?
- How can we work toward healing in such a hostile time?
- Who has been part of your support system this year?
- Who do you want/need to reach out to to offer support or to reconnect with?
- Have you experienced criticism of your leadership this year?
- If so, how have you handled it?
- What do you want to change about how you respond to criticism?
For these questions plus the ones we cover in the other episodes in this series, grab the free Processing & Reflection Guide we made for you:
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast:
Pin it for later: