Have you ever found yourself trapped in an unhealthy pattern or addiction, but you’re not sure how to break free? The answer often involves breaking free from lies and replacing those lies with the truth of God.
In this episode, Holly and I speak with our guest Britney Thompson who vulnerably shares her story of breaking free from an eating disorder. We dive into her leadership journey, the steps she took to get free, and practical ways we can get rid of the lies that may be holding us back. You’ll hear why we need to bring our struggles into the light and one of the most important things Britney believes we need to do in our healing.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
Key Points Discussed:
- Britney’s life and leadership [3:30]
- How Britney found freedom from an eating disorder [6:40]
- How this journey has transformed her leadership [14:00]
- The lies that kept Britney stuck [16:40]
- 4 step process to discern truth from lies [20:00]
- See your thoughts
- Say your thoughts
- Speak truth
- Set your mind
- Less obvious comforts or addictions we struggle with [27:00]
- Dealing with perfectionism [30:23]
- Why we need vulnerability and safe people [35:22]
- Creating a culture of healthy confession [39:45]
- Leaders are learners [47:57]
- “My leadership needed to be from a place of total honesty.”
- “I’m a better leader because of my willingness to share my brokenness and my hurts.”
- “One of the biggest lies is the lie of success.”
- “Choose to believe what God’s truth is over what you believe your truth is.”
- “As long as we stay hidden, it’s never going to get fixed.”
Resources & Links:
- God-Minded: Living God-Focused in a Me-Focused World by Britney Renae Thompson
- Jesus Over Everything by Lisa Whittle
- Audacious by Beth Moore
- The Daily Grace Co.
Connect with Britney:
Special offer from Britney: Sign-Up for my newsletter between now and the end of November 2020 and be entered to win a free signed copy of my book, “God-Minded: Living God-Focused in a Me-Focused World.” To be entered to win visit www.britneythompson.com and enter your information. Winner will be notified via email.
Britney Renae Thompson is a dynamic speaker, author and Christian life-coach who shares lessons learned while overcoming her 15-year eating disorder. She helps Christian women move past every type of fear, doubt, and insecurity to live out God’s freedom and purpose for their lives.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast:
- Esther’s other podcast: Christian Woman Business Podcast
- Facebook Page
- Holly’s Website
- Holly’s Instagram