How do you respond when you meet resistance to using your gifts as a female Christian leader? What about when you face criticism and challenges to what God has called you to do?
Subscribe to the podcast here
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you choose to make a purchase via one of the links, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps to support the costs of running the podcast and blog.
All of us will experience resistance, criticism, and challenges as Christian leaders. It’s how we respond and handle these situations that really matters.
In this episode of our Summer Throwback Series, you’ll hear from several of our past guests and find out what they have learned in these situations. Plus, you’ll receive practical wisdom that you can apply in your own life as a leader.
Featured Guests on this episode:
- Jenni Catron, Episode 11 [2:55]
- Esther & Holly, Episode 17 [6:45]
- Tembi Secrist, Episode 84 [10:15]
- Jenny Randle, Episode 43 [16:03]
- Kadi Cole, Episode 60 [21:00]
- Dr. Shannon Polk, Episode 103 [26:34]
- Alisa Childers, Episode 96 [29:40]
Key Quotes from this throwback episode:
- “That ambition, that drive, that achiever in me is not all bad. I just have to find the part of it that God is forming and reforming, and not be afraid of it… but to completely shut it down is to not steward that gift that God has given me.” – Jenni Catron
- “If I am looking for affirmation or value or approval for anything outside of [God’s love], then I’m going to struggle.” – Esther Littlefield
- “When you are in the middle of the situation, you are aware of things and options and the nuances that not everyone else will be aware of… the most important thing is: if God has called you, you have to go.” – Tembi Secrist
- “If you are letting other people’s criticism or feedback define you, you’re not going to get anything done.” – Jenny Randle
- “These are my 2 anchors: I want to be honest about myself and what I’ve done without bragging, and I want to be honoring where I’m not usurping or putting anyone down.” – Kadi Cole
- “Go where you are celebrated, not where you are tolerated.” – Dr. Shannon Polk
- “We are doing spiritual warfare in the realm of ideas, and we have to realize that people are going to hate that. We have to see everybody as Jesus sees them, and hope that there’s something we can say that will soften or diffuse so that they can hear what we have to say.” – Alisa Childers
Support the podcast
Our Merch Store: Click here to go to the store and find merch you’ll love!
If you grab one of the items and share a photo on social media, use the hashtag #leadwithconfidence and/or tag us so we can see it!
- Tag @estherdlittlefield or @christianwomanleadership on Instagram
- Tag @estherlittlefield on Facebook
Become a Podcast Partner & Receive Bonus Content
We have a fun way for you to partner with the podcast and get access to exclusive content. Every month, we add at least 1 bonus clip from an interview or from Holly and I to a special podcast for our partners. You can become a podcast partner for as little as $5/month by clicking here.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Click here to find all the options where you can find the podcast.
Join our Purposeful Leadership Facebook group! In the Facebook group, we can chat about what you need as a leader, what your challenges are, as well as celebrate the wins. This is a great community to learn and grow together. We want to get to know YOU.
Other Ways to Connect with Esther and the Christian Woman Leadership Podcast: