Have you ever wondered what you should do if you’re maxed out on time as a coach or service provider but you still want to serve more people and continue sharing your message? Additionally, how can you figure out the path forward to adding a new stream of income in your business?
In this episode, I continue in my series on launching but with a strategy session with my friend Katelyn. She’s an ADHD coach and she empowers, educates, and encourages kids with ADHD (and their families).
Katelyn came to me because she needed help figuring out how to move forward on an idea of launching a course. In this strategy session, you’ll hear us discuss how she’s currently making money in her business, what she has going on for content and an audience, and how she can take the next steps towards launching.
If you’ve ever felt like you really want to transition from 1:1 work to 1:many, or want to launch a course or a group coaching program, this is a perfect episode for you! You’ll hear why I think Katelyn is ready for this and the #1 thing she needs to do first.
Now if you’re considering launching something, you might need to determine if you’re actually ready to do so first. That’s why my friend Christa and I developed the Pre-Launch Assessment. You can grab it at the link in the show notes, and it will help you determine if YOU are ready to take the next step to launching something new!
Key Points Discussed:
- Katelyn’s background with ADHD and her current work surrounding ADHD
- Katelyn shares what she is wanting to try in her business and what she wants to figure out in her business currently
- Katelyn shares how she is currently bringing in money in her biz
- Katelyn dissects her time availability while juggling her business and kids
- Katelyn shares her outline for the course she has dreamt up
- Katelyn shares her ultimate business goal
- Katelyn shares about her biz growth via her email list and podcast
- Katelyn considers what is more important to her right now: Time flexibility and freedom or the amount of money being brought in.
- Esther shares the importance of building up your email list in order to sell courses
- Esther helps Katelyn work backward by pinpointing the future of her business plan (having a course) and how to get there by considering some key questions
- Esther gives Katelyn a step-by-step plan for how to create a freebie, create a welcome sequence, and map out a launch plan
- Esther gives an alternative to course creation, explaining the benefits of a group coaching program
Quotes to Note:
“Having a course will give you more time freedom, but it takes a little bit longer to build up to the point where you can actually make very much money with a course.” – Esther Littlefield [15:00]
“You can sell a course on social media, or on your website. But the majority of the time, you’re going to get the most sales coming from sending emails and doing a launch that is sent to your email list. So you’re going to want to focus on building your email list”- Esther Littlefield [16:30]
“What I’m going to really encourage you to do in terms of the course is to get really clear on the problem you’re solving for [the parents] with this course.” – Esther Littlefield [20:00]
“An alternative option to going straight to a course is to do a group coaching program.” – Esther Littlefield [27:00]
“It’s like a weight is lifted off my head. I was feeling like I was floundering. Now, I have some direction.”- Katelyn Mabry [30:00]
Connect with Katelyn:
Instagram – @journeywithmethroughadhd
Podcast – Journey With Me Through ADHD
Book: – Hi It’s Me, I Have ADHD
Connect with Esther:
If this podcast was helpful, consider leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts or your podcast app.
Subscribe to my other podcast, The Christian Woman Leadership Podcast