How do you develop loyal customers and clients in your business? One way is by overdelivering. But what exactly does over delivering mean? Is it possible to over deliver by actually doing less?
Listen on your favorite podcast app:
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Podcasts
In this episode, you’ll hear from Julie Stoian, my own personal business mentor and coach. We chat all about how to over deliver by providing less content or less services. Julie provides so many powerful insights in this conversation, so if you’re a service provider, coach, or course creator this conversation is for you. You will also hear one way Julie impacted me at the beginning of my business journey.
If you’re wondering if it’s time for you to create a course or a group program, or if you are looking for some way to generate recurring revenue, take my Biz Focus Quiz. This will help you know where you should be focusing right now in your business. Generally speaking, if you get the results of ‘uplevel’ or ‘scale’ it might be time for you to create a course!
DM me on Instagram with your biz results or any questions you have! I’d love to chat!
Key Points Discussed:
- About Julie & what she does in her business
- How Julie began her business
- How Julie impacted Esther early on in her business
- Julie’s definition of over delivering
- Julie debunks myths about over delivering
- How Julie’s perspective on ‘less is more’ has shifted over time
- Tips on how to decide what your students actually need as a creator
- Examples of how to simplify or do less in order to over deliver as a one-on-one service provider
- Examples of how to simplify or do less in order to over deliver as a group coach
- Examples of how to simplify or do less in order to over deliver as a course creator
- Practical tips for simplifying information and the learning process for your students and/or clients
- Steps for the course creation and selling process
- Julie’s Course Chemist course all about how to create a course
“When you over deliver, it means that you accurately set expectations about what you can provide. And you consistently meet or exceed those expectations to your students.” – Julie Stoian [5:00]
“One of the biggest mistakes people make is that they think over delivering means more content.” – Julie Stoian [6:00]
“That is really the biggest mistake people make. Because they think that over delivering means more and most of the time, it means less of what they don’t need.”- Julie Stoian [6:30]
“Oftentimes, creators get the curse of genius.”- Julie Stoian [8:30]
“Action is as valuable–if not more valuable–a teacher as information.” – Julie Stoian [9:10]
“So often we think that if we add on more services to our agency or freelance business that people are going to want to hire us, but it’s really the opposite a lot of times.” – Esther Littlefield [11:30]
“Stop asking what information they need and ask ‘what shortcuts do they need?’.”- Julie Stoian [12:00]
“If you’re struggling to over deliver, chances are the promise is too big and it needs to be reduced.” – Julie Stoian [14:45]
Connect with Julie:
Julie Stoian is a digital marketing expert and coach, currently making her mark on the internet as the co-founder of several popular online business brands such as Create Your Laptop Life ®, Funnel Gorgeous ®, Digital Insiders, and more.
Julie has inspired and equipped thousands of up and coming business owners with the skills and strategies they need to create, build, and grow profitable online businesses.