Would you like to have more clarity, more energy, and a higher return on investment in your business? Would you like yourself (and your team, if you have one) to stop second-guessing your decisions, struggling to be excited about your work, and bouncing from idea to idea.
You might need to create a winning vision for your business. In this episode you’re going to learn what this looks like and how to create a vision for your business.
Subscribe to the podcast on your favorite app
In episode 79 I am talking with Sonita Reese, a member in my upLIFT Mentormind. She is an expert in teaching entrepreneurs how to create a mission, a vision, and values for their business. She gives a framework for how to create a winning vision and shares why it’s so important to have one.
Sonita is the founder of First by Five, and she helps people-focused entrepreneurs lead with vision and build connected organizations that grow people and profit.
You are going to gain so much from Sonita’s insights on mission, vision, and values, and specifically why we need to create a winning vision.
Want to be a part of a special workshop run by Sonita to learn how to create your own vision for your business? Join my Focus to Fund Course to get access to this special bonus workshop around creating a vision!
Focus to Fund is a 10 Week online course for the Christian online business owner who is tired of spinning her wheels and is ready to start generating consistent income. It is open through April 22, 2022! So don’t miss out on signing up now. If you are listening after that date, you can get on the waitlist for the next round, or, if you are already earning consistent income, then check out my upLIFT Mentormind.
Note: This is the last episode in this season! There will be a little break after this episode, so make sure to subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss out on episodes when I return!
Key Points Discussed with Sonita:
- Sonita’s past work and how it led to her current work
- What exactly Mission, Vision, and Values are
- The importance of having mission, vision, and values even if you are just a solopreneur
- Sonita’s passion for getting clear on vision and having a winning vision
- Sonita’s thoughts on the things we need to do to get clear on the winning vision
- Sonita’s ABC approach to creating a winning vision
- A: Act like a child
- B: Build a 3D vision
- C: Communicate in detail
- The challenge to find a time and place to get quiet
- The difference in your personal mission, vision, and values and your business mission, vision, and values.
- How faith plays a role in the process of finding your winning vision
- The Bible verses that have inspired Sonita in her business: John 10:10 and Matthew 11:28-30.
- How to both externally share our mission, vision, and values and use them internally
- How to turn mission, vision and values into behavior
- Thoughts on ‘relating before transacting’ in business
Quotes to Note:
- “Because they (Mission Vision, and Values) bring us greater clarity, much more energy and a higher return on our investment for both monetary decisions, but especially people decisions.” – Sonita Reese [5:10]
- “The first place we start is by making time for this. Getting quiet, and giving yourself the space to dream.” – Sonita Reese [8:15]
- “Involve him (God) in the process when you take that quiet and adopt that ABC approach. Ask him to be part of it.” – Sonita Reese [14:45]
- “That desire to live and help others live (from John 10:10) has really factored into my business vision and the work that I do.”- Sonita Reese [15:30]
- “Clarity is a lightning rod for focus and momentum. And when we allow ourselves the space to put that lightning rod out there, it’s going to make everything else that we do that much more focused.” – Sonita Reese [24:55]
- “Taking that time to be quiet is probably one of the hardest things to do as a business owner. Especially if you’re driven. If you’re success oriented, you just want to go, go, go. But it’s those quiet moments where we can really find that clarity. ” – Esther Littlefield [25:25]
Connect with Sonita:
Sonita Reese is the Chief Encouragement Officer at First By Five, LLC where she serves people-focused entrepreneurs navigating the leadership and organizational challenges of growth. Sonita helps these entrepreneurs rise above daily demands to lead with vision and build organizations that grow people and profit.
Prior to becoming an entrepreneur, Sonita spent 17 years in consulting, management, and marketing roles working with start-ups, Fortune 500 companies, and non-profits. She decided to jump off the corporate bullet train after battling burnout twice and failing to be the wife and mom she wanted to be. Sonita is passionate about seeing leaders and their people experience whole-person success and reducing avoidable stress in the workplace.
Born in Malaysia, Sonita grew up between the Philippines, Indonesia, and Virginia. She now lives outside of Washington DC with her husband and two boys. When not traveling to soccer games, you can find Sonita curled up with a good book and cup of rich coffee.
Connect with Esther:
If this podcast was helpful, consider leaving a rating and review on Apple Podcasts or your podcast app.
Subscribe to my other podcast, The Christian Woman Leadership Podcast